Quality in a general sense has become the main strategy for tourism companies, a differentiating element within the acute competitive environment that prevails in the sector.
For some years, the tourism sector has been immersed in a process of change that has made quality one of the most precious elements for both tourists and tourism organizations.
In this context, quality in services is occupying a primordial place, associated with the changes that have been taking place in the life of society, becoming a competitive factor for small and medium-sized companies and encouraging the use of instruments or tools that allow guarantee quality that can only be achieved in a stable, systematic and continuous way through its proper management.
Today the sustainable competitive advantage in the lodging area of the hotel companies comes from the following sources : information management, quality management, organizational structure, human resources training.
The previous competitive advantages result from the identification and consideration of the trends that affect the management of accommodation, among which and in relation to tourism demand, the following stand out for the main emitting countries : very diversified, the age rises average of travelers, more educated tourists, more demanding with respect to the quality of the services they demand, more restless and active tourists, more sporty and healthy tourists, more personalized service in the accommodation area, in favor of knowing the genuine, the authentic, polymotivational (“a customer are many customers”), sensitive to the price.
The management of the quality in the process of lodging is the satisfaction of the needs and expectations of the clients which feel a set of sensations, expectations and personal experiences; that requires coordinating multiple people who are directly or indirectly involved in providing a service to a client that demands more and more, especially where he sleeps.
International clients demand more and more quality of tourism services and the accommodation process as a key macro process within the hotel must take this into account and ensure the quality of all elements of the tourism product (including reception areas) , housekeeper, maintenance, technical services, among others).
The new tendencies in the tourist markets together with the greater demand on the part of the consumers, the technological innovations and the last investigations related to the quality in the services, make necessary a constant effort in the approach of new approaches and imaginative solutions for the companies of the sector.
The hotel companies are a clear example of this need for continuous development of new services and products focused on quality and customer satisfaction.
Proper management of accommodation properly organized, customer-oriented and that manages the quality of its services in accordance with some standard of recognized results, will increase the image with respect to customers, encouraging an increase in business results.
Clearly define the requirements of the client, ensure the provision of the service under quality parameters, monitor the satisfaction during the provision of the service, are some of the points on which to act and that in the process of accommodation, a system of quality management, helps control.
The truth is that a generated image, a prestige in terms of providing services, are a treasure that has no price, which must be worked little by little, and it is the human resource that is responsible for this challenge in the sector.
The majority of experts in the quality sector for the management of accommodation, without pretending to be doctrine, point out some basic actions for the provision of a service of this nature, that is, of a quality service.
These actions are : correct determination of the client’s requirements, which implies a knowledge of the expectations of the travelers and the factors that determine them in areas such as :
– Expectations about the expected service of hosting management.
– Expectations about the product that will be acquired.
– Expectations about the development and stay of the client.
– Orientation of the company’s human resources to service excellence and customer satisfaction.
People are one of the most important aspects of any organization.
His training, dealing with the client, interpersonal relationships and, above all, the motivation of the staff are aspects to be managed by the organization.
• Adequacy of the quality expected by the client with the quality actually perceived by him during the enjoyment of his stay.
• Evaluation of customer satisfaction and treatment of information for the improvement of services.
Dimensions of quality in services.
What are the characteristics that customers expect to find in the services?
The parameters or dimensions that customers use to evaluate the quality of service they receive from a company are :
• Reliability Clients can believe and trust the company and the constant quality of their services.
• Answer’s capacity. Employees are always ready to provide the service when the customer needs it (not when the company considers it convenient).
• Professionalism The employees possess the necessary skills and knowledge to provide, correctly and accurately, the services requested by the clients.
• Accessibility. Customers can easily contact the company.
• Courtesy. All the staff of the company deals with the clients with attention, respect and consideration and with an attitude and disposition based on friendship (the clients are friends, not opponents).
• Communication. The company maintains a flow of communication, open and sincere, in both directions with the clientele.
• Credibility. In their performances and conversations, all the staff project an image of trust, faith and honesty.
• Security. The company is concerned and ensures that customers stay out of all kinds of damages, risks and doubts.
• Understanding and knowledge of customers. The company maintains permanent mechanisms that allow it to know precisely the needs, desires and expectations of customers, their changes and trends, and their problems and aspirations.
• Tangible elements. The company is concerned that the physical evidences of the service always project an image of quality.
We all do the quality
The cause of quality is human beings, because we are the ones who do it or we stop doing it because we have two characteristics that differentiate us from other beings on earth: will and intelligence.
• The will makes us capable of deciding, of being and of wanting.
It is a commitment to ourselves, to no one else.
Know what I am and why.
• Intelligence allows us to reason and understand the :
1. Must be of things.
2. Must be from our work.
3. Our system of work towards optimization and not towards maximization.
These qualities we all have and since we are born, and all this has a goal :
Do what must be done and at the first time.
With the quality we all win, with the non-quality we all lose.
Quality : It is what makes us what we are, they are all the qualities of a person or thing.
And achieving quality does not mean working more, but working with intelligence.
The management system defines the policy, objectives and actions to achieve an objective to direct and control an organization with respect to quality; they can also help the organization of any tourist place and increase customer satisfaction according to their needs and expectations.
With continuous improvement we can increase the possibility of increasing the satisfaction of customers and other interested parties, through the following actions :
• Analysis and evaluation of the existing situation to identify the areas that need improvement;
• The establishment of objectives for improvement;
• The search for possible solutions to achieve the objectives;
• The evaluation of said solutions and their selection;
• The implementation of the selected solution;
• The measurement, verification, analysis and evaluation of the results to be verified have reached the objectives;
• The formalization of the changes.
Continuous improvement actions should consist of the following stages :
1. Reason for improvement : select an area for improvement and the reason to work on it.
2. Current situation : evaluate the efficiency of the existing product.
Collect and analyze data to discover what types of problems occur most frequently.
Select a problem and set a goal for improvement.
3. Analysis : identify and verify the causes that originate the problem.
4. Identification of possible solutions : explore alternatives and implement solutions that eliminate the causes of the problem and prevent them from happening again.
5. Evaluation of the effects : confirm that the problem and its causes have been reduced, that the solution has worked and that the goal of improvement has been met.
6. Normalization of the new solution : replace the previous processes with the new process, to avoid the problem and their occurrence again.
7. Evaluation of the efficiency of the process and the effectiveness of the improvement action: review the effectiveness of the project to improve and plan solutions for the remaining problems and objectives, in order to improve them later.
The quality of the service allows reaching the level of excellence and customer loyalty.
The implementation of the plan to improve quality, add values and encourage workers.
We are all responsible for the quality.
In this sense we must work with intelligence.
In Stamp Hostels we understand all the above and consequently we try to provide in an efficient service of high quality and where every day we can be better.
For all the above we invite you to visit us, and to check first hand our virtues, we hope to serve you as you, your family or company deserve.
We are ready to serve you with quality and efficiency, Welcome to Stamp Hostels.
We just want you to know that you are special and important for us, get ready for the greatest vacations ever.